The Pontifical Mission Societies (TPMS)are a worldwide network at the service of the Pope that supports the missions and the Young Churches with prayer and charity.These include the Society for the Propagation of the Faith, the Society of St. Peter the Apostle, the Missionary Childhood Association (MCA) and the Missionary Union of Priests and Religious.
Since 1922, the Pontifical Mission Societies have been the official missionary arm of the Church charged with the work of evangelization and charitable works throughout the world. Our work also provides mission awareness and supported by our benefactors, raises funds for the poorest mission churches of the Catholic Church.In most countries, the National Director of the Pontifical Mission Societies leads the four societies and oversees theWorld Missions Sunday Collection, which is taken up on the third Sunday of October each year in every Catholic parish around the globe.
In every country where the Catholic Church is present, the Pontifical Mission Societies is also present. Each “Missio” is headed by a National Director, who is appointed by the Holy Father. The work of the Pontifical Mission Societies within the AEC is headed by Fr. Esteban Kross (Diocese of Paramaribo, Suriname) and is supported by national leaders at the level of the dioceses.
At the level of the diocese of St. John’s-Basseterre, the Pontifical Mission Societies continues to engage the local community in fulfilment of the PMS’ goals.
As a local Church we are called upon to support the work of missions with your regular donations. Particularly during the World Mission Month Collection. Also remember to pray daily for the Church’s mission work and invoke the intercession of St. Francis Xavier and St. Thérèse of Lisieux, patrons of mission.
Contact Us for more information
Diocesan Director for PMS: Mrs. Noleen Azille
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Tel: 1-268-723-5411
Diocesan Director of Pontifical Missions Societies
Diocese of St. John's-Basseterre
P.O.Box 836, Langfords, Friars Hill Road
St. John's, Antigua, West Indies